Spring Sandwich Dosai is an amazing fusion of South Indian and Indo-Chinese dish. It is very healthy, nutritious as well as kids friendly dish. My kid loves this Spring Sandwich Dosai. Spring Sandwich Dosai is an ideal Weekend meal. This is stuffed with cheese and lots of veggies, seasoned with soya sauce, sweet and sour sauce and pepper.
This is one of the best dish for kids who don’t like vegetables. It goes very well with coconut chutney or tomato sauce. I like Spring Sandwich Dosai without any condiments.
Regular Rice – 1 cup
Idli rice – 1/2 cup
Urad Dal – 1/2 cup
Fenugreek(Methi) seeds – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Chopped Vegetables(I used Carrot, beans, Bell pepper) – 2 cups
Finely chopped onion – 1/4 cup
Boiled Spaghetti or noodles – 1 cup
Soy sauce – 1 tsp
Sweet and sour sauce – 1 tbsp
Salt and pepper to taste
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Ghee or butter
Sliced or any cheese
1. Wash and Soak Rice, dal and methi seeds separately for 6 hours.
2. Grind it into blender. Grind it just like normal dosa batter. Add salt to taste.
3. Keep it aside for 12 hours for fermentation in warm place.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Saute Onion and ginger-garlic paste for few seconds over a medium to high heat.
5. Add Chopped vegetables and cook it for 5 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender.
6. Add boiled noodles and season it with soy sauce, chili sauce and salt and pepper. Give it a good mix.
7. Let it cook for 3 – 4 minutes over medium to high heat. Keep it aside.
Spring Sandwich Dosai
8. Heat nonstick tava/griddle. Spread the batter into 2 thick and small dosa , not thin like regular dosa because that would make the dosai crisp and it will break.
9. Apply ghee or Butter or oil. Cook it covered over a medium to low heat until the top of Dosai is cooked.
10. Place cheese slice over one dosai and layer of stuffing on top of cheese.
11. Cover it with another dosai and press it gently on the sides.
12. Cook it until golden brown from both the sides. Cut it into half.
13. Your Spring Sandwich Dosai is ready. Serve it hot with your favorite condiments.