Roasted Corn Tomato soup is very delicious and easy to make. The main base of this soup is, fresh corn and tomato. Tomato gives sourly taste and corn gives sweet taste. The roasted corn and tomato leaves magical aroma. I have also used roasted red bell pepper.
Other seasoning and herbs, Fresh oregano and basil leave, gives ton of flavor to this soup. I haven’t used broth. If you wish to use, you can.
This recipe will make 4 cups of soup
Fresh corn kernels – 3 cup
Tomatoes – 2 cup
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Garlic – 4 cloves
Chopped Onion – 1 medium size
water as needed
Red bell pepper – 1
Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Fresh Oregano – 1 tsp
Basil leaves – 1 tsp
Preheat Oven @ 400 degrees F.
1. Place corn, tomatoes and red bell pepper on baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle salt.
2. Roast it for 20 minutes.
3. Take it out from the oven and add 1 cup water. Crush them using blender, sieve it and make into a smooth consistency.
4. Transfer soup in a pan. Switch on the flame. Add chili powder, basil leaves and oregano. Mix it very well. Taste the soup, if needed add salt. Cook it for 10 minutes on medium flame.
5. Heat 1 tbsp remaining olive oil. Saute onion and garlic. Don’t saute it for too long. Onion should remain crunchy.
6. Add this onion mixture in soup and switch off the soup flame. Close the lid for 5 minutes.
7. Garnish it with fresh cream and corn. Your Roasted corn tomato soup is ready.
8. Serve it Hot in a Homemade Egg less Bread Bowl.