We Love Holi Festival. Not only for the bevy of colors, but also for the mouth-watering delicacies unique to this occasion. Bags filled with vibrant colors, water guns, Hindi songs(Rang Barse Bhige Chunar vali-one of my favorite 😉 another one is Balam Pichakari jo tune muje mari) , plates piled with festive goodies and blossoming spring breeze, I love Holi. This is how we have been celebrating the festival of colors, yet every year (Even after moving to States). When we were kids, my Mom use to make this Farsi Puri during Holi, Diwali and Janmasthami. Following that tradition, Instead of making regular farsi puri, I thought of making something different and very colorful on this Holi; Rainbow Farsi Puri.
Rainbow Farsi Puri is very colorful, delicious and crispy deep fried Indian snacks. Farsi is a Gujarati word which means crispy. Farsi puri goes best with tea or coffee and specially in summer season with mango also.
Ninja is trying to grab Rainbow Farsi Puri !!! Isn’t is exciting? Show this to your little ones and see their reaction. My kid liked it a lot……
Maida/all purpose flour – 2 cups
Oil – 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Cumin seeds(Jeera) – 1 tsp
Food colors – 6
Oil for frying
1. Take maida in a big mixing bowl. Add salt, cumin seeds and oil. Mix it very well.
2. Divide mixed maida flour into 7 equal parts.
3. Knead 6 dough using different colors and knead one dough without using any color.
4. Let it rest for 15 minutes or so.
5. Take small portion from each dough and Make a thin strings out of it.
6. Joint all the strings and roll it like a swiss roll.
7. Roll it using rolling pin and make a puri. Prepare all puri same way.
8. Heat oil in a pan. Fry puri on low to medium heat until light golden brown in color.
9. Your Rainbow Farsi Puri is ready. Store it in air tight container.