This superfood Quinoa Black Bean Salad Recipe is good for pregnancy and one of my most favorite Vegan Salad recipes. Bean Salad / Southwest Quinoa Salad is pretty close to the Whole Foods version with Lime Dressing. Black Bean Quinoa Salad is an easy fresh salad that can be enjoyed as a meal or a side!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NatureMadePrenatalDHA #CollectiveBias
Quinoa and Black Beans Salad is deliciously simple, full of fresh vegetables, loaded with flavors and is perfect for easy wholesome lunch or dinner. As you all know, we are trying for another baby!! There are many things to take care while you are trying to conceive like Eat a healthy balanced diet, take good sleep, good exercise and most importantly take Prenatal Vitamins.
I like to stock up my fridge with healthy fruits and vegetables. When you are trying for second, you should start making Nutritious food choices now so your body will be stocked up with the nutrients I need for a healthy pregnancy. I always make sure I am eating several servings of fruit, vegetables and whole grains in every meal.
Vitamins are so important for our body, especially when you are trying to conceive, and so Prenatal Vitamins are! It boosts the chances of conceiving as well as prepare our body to tackle upcoming challenges related to pregnancy and deficiency of a variety of vitamins in the body. You can meet almost all of your nutritional needs through a balanced diet but extra push helps in many ways. It makes sure that we are not deficient in any important vitamins especially when we are trying to conceive.
My favorite prenatal vitamin is the Nature Made Prenatal Multi + 200 mg DHA which I found from Sam’s Club.
Here is some info about how awesome these Nature Made Prenatal® Multi + DHA (200mg) are!!
Nature Made Prenatal® Multi + DHA (200mg) 150ct. softgels is guaranteed to meet our high quality standards – it is made from carefully selected ingredients under strict manufacturing processes
- Clinically proven absorption of folic acid and iron
- One per day dosage
- Easy-to-swallow softgel
You should start taking a prenatal 6 months before you start trying to get pregnant
- Take with food
- Provides essential vitamins and minerals (before and during pregnancy) including Folic Acid, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Iodine, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin D3†
- Provides 200mg DHA which may help support fetal brain and eye development †
- “Free from”:
- No Synthetic Dyes
- No Yeast or Starch
- No Artificial Flavors
- Gluten Free
- Clinically proven absorption of Folic Acid and Iron
- Folic Acid is an important B Vitamin for Women of Childbearing Age and Pregnant Women – Plays a critical role in the proper development of the baby’s nervous system.†
- Adequate folic acid in healthful diets may reduce a woman’s risk of having a child with a neural tube defect.
- Nature Made® is the #1 Pharmacist recommended vitamin and supplement brand*
My family is a Quinoa Lover. We often make Vegetarian Quinoa recipes. Our Couple of favorite and Best Quinoa recipes are Mexican Quinoa, Quinoa Pulao, Quinoa Chili, Quinoa Dosa, Quinoa Dhokla, Quinoa Idli etc., Pretty soon I am going to post Mexican Quinoa recipe and Quinoa Idli recipe.
We love Black Beans in our salads. Our favorites are – Black Bean mango avocado salad, Black Bean Salad with Corn, Mexican Black bean Salad, Black bean salad with lime and cumin dressing, etc., Everything in this Easy Quinoa salad is extremely good for you.
It is filled with protein and is highly nutritious and highly scrumptious. A simple combination of fresh crunchy vegetables, protein-rich black beans and quinoa and corn in a refreshing and zesty lime dressing makes this the perfect weekday meal!! Quinoa Black Bearn Corn Salad is the perfect dish to bring to a summer party or any party as you can make it the night before. In fact, it tastes better the next day.
This recipe is easily doubled or tripled. You can make this Vegan Quinoa Salad recipe for the whole week and enjoy for days making it the perfect lunch recipe it.
You can use it in different ways. We like it as is, but you can make a burrito, as a side dish, make black beans quinoa corn sandwiches, fill it in tacos, make tostadas etc.,
What are the main Ingredients of this Quinoa Black bean Corn Salad / Quinoa Black Bean Salad?
The ingredients are pretty simple – Lime dressing, bell peppers, corn, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, Black bean, and Quinoa. The bell pepper and cucumber add just enough crunch.
The dressing on this salad is what really made it for me. This Vegan dressing is super simple yet so flavorful and yum. The ingredients are simple and very few – Olive oil, lime juice, salt and black pepper. That it.
DO NOT use extra virgin olive oil. The bitter flavor does not blend well in this salad recipe. I prefer light dressing in my salads, if you prefer a heavily dressed salad, you may like to add more dressing.
Give this simple, refreshing, wholesome Quinoa Black bean Salad a try. You’ll love it!! 🙂
Quinoa Black Bean Salad Good for Pregnancy
- ½ cup Quinoa
- 1 cup Water or Vegetable stock
- 1 and ½ cup Boiled black beans (See Notes)
- 1 cup Fresh or Frozen Corn (see Notes)
- 1 cup Bell peppers (I have used Yellow and Orange bell pepper)
- 1 cup Chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Chopped Cucumber
- 2 tablespoon Cilantro
- 2 tablespoon Lime Juice
- ½ cup Light Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper powder
- Wash quinoa properly. Drain all the water.
- In Instant pot, take washed quinoa and 1 cup of water. Cover it and press a manual button for 1 minute on a high pressure.
- Close the lid, Press the manual button. Set the time for 1 minutes under high pressure with pressure valve set to sealing.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally.
- When the pressure is fully released, the float valve will drop and the lid will unlock to open. Now it is safe to open the lid.
- Open it and Fluff the cooked quinoa with a fork. Keep it aside
- Take Lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix very well. Keep it aside.
Let's Make Beans Quinoa Corn Salad
- Take all the chopped vegetables including cilantro, cooked quinoa, and black beans, in a big mixing bowl.
- Add prepared dressing as much or as little as you like.
- Mix well.
- Cover it and let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes in a refrigerator.
- Enjoy Black Beans Quinoa Corn salad with any pasta dish or Just like that.
Pin It For Later –
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.