Pita Pizza is easy to make very few ingredients. These mini pizzas are perfect as an appetizer or light lunch or dinner. Pita bread is the perfect crust. This is very good recipe for kids. Kids can help to make these easy pizzas.
I have used pocket less pitas but you can also use regular one. Just add sauce, mozzarella and your choice of toppings and bake it for 10 minutes, that’s it your pita pizza is ready. I have used homemade pizza sauce but you can use store bought pizza sauce also.
This recipe will make 6 pizza
Tomatoes – 6
Onion – 1 small
Garlic – 4 cloves
Salt to taste
Red chili powder – 1/2 tbsp
Italian seasoning – 1 tsp
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Pita bread – 6
Chopped Bell pepper lengthwise
Onion chopped lengthwise
1. Boil water for blanching the tomatoes. Make a cross slit back side of the tomatoes.
2. Place this tomatoes into boiling water. Keep the tomatoes for 2 minutes.
3. Switch off the flame and add ice cubes in the water. Peel the skin and roughly chop the tomatoes.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and onion. Cook them for 1 minute over a medium heat. Add Blanched and chopped tomatoes. Season it with salt, red chili powder and Italian seasoning. Let this cook for 10 minutes over medium heat. Stir occasionally.
5. Take cooked sauce mixture into blender. Grind it. Your Sauce is ready.
6. Preheat the oven on 400 degree F. Put Pizza stone inside the oven while preheating.
7. Take one Pita bread, Brush it with olive oil, spread lightly with pizza sauce, sprinkle cheese and your favorite vegetables and basil.
8. Place this pizza on a pizza stone and bake it for 10 minutes or until the pita bread has reached desired crispiness.
9. Your Pita Pizza is ready. Sprinkle some chili flacks and enjoy!!!!
Note :- If you don’t have pizza stone, bake it in cookie pan sheet.