Makhani gravy, the name says it all. Cream and butter used to prepare this gravy gives it name “Makhhni”. It is a reddish tomato based gravy commonly used in north Indian cuisines.
Paneer Nest is made out of paneer (for inner stuffing) and spinach (for outer coating). Recipe Adapted from the Sanjeev Kapoor with some changes in gravy.
This recipe will make 6 to 7 koftas
Makhani Gravy – 4 cup
For paneer kofta
For Outer part
Oil – 1 tbsp
Ginger – garlic – 1 tsp
Chopped green chili – 2
Chick pea flour(besan) – 2 tbsp
Chopped Spinach – 4 cup
Salt to taste
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Corn flour (if needed) – 1 tbsp
For inner part
Chhena (paneer) – 1 cup
Pinch of Nutmeg powder
Salt to taste
Pinch of Cardamom powder
Oil for deep frying
1. Heat oil in a pan. Saute ginger garlic paste on medium heat. Add chick pea flour. Cook it for 2 to 3 minutes on a medium heat.
2. Add spinach, salt and turmeric. Mix it very well. Cook it for 3 to 4 minutes on a medium heat. If water oozes out more than add cornflour.
3. Keep it aside and let it cool down.
4. Take chhena(paneer) in a bowl. Add pinch of nutmeg and cardamom powder and salt to taste. Mix it well. Make a dough. Make smooth and small ball out of the dough.
5. Take spinach mixture and flatten it out like a thin petty. Put one ball of paneer on spinach patty. And cover paneer ball. Make a ball. Do the same process with other.
6. Deep all the balls in corn starch.
7. Heat oil in pan for deep frying.
8. Deep fry all the prepared balls. Let it cool cown.
9. When you are ready to serve take Makhani gravy in a serving bowl. Half the koftas. Put koftas into Makhhani gravy.
10.Garnish it with heavy cream.