Marzipan is sweet dish, usually made with blanched almond powder. I made this with Cashew powder and almond extract. This is an eggless sweet. I don’t have much to say because this was my first time making and eating of this sweet. But I would say, they are addictive. 🙂
I would like to take a minute and give A Big Shout out to my friend and an amazing home chef, Freda. I tried this Marzipan recipe from her blog Aromaticessence.co. And it came out so so good. This is an eggless sweet. All you need is 3 to 4 ingredients and 30 minutes! That’s it, and your yummy, delicious and exotic Marzipan is ready. I am short on words on how to describe it, this is so delicious. Frankly speaking, I never tried this sweet before. This was my first time, making and eating this sweet. And I fell in love with this babies. Thank you so much Freda for this wonderful recipe.
I didn’t sieve cashew powder. But you can sieve cashew powder. Just for the smooth appearance.
Video Recipe of Marzipan
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/sBrecliJ35w”]
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]
Cashew nut – 350 grams
Powdered sugar – 200 grams (According to your taste)
Almond extract – 1/2 tsp
Water – 2 tbsp
1. Grind the cashews to a fine powder. Sieve it if you wish to.
2. Mix the sugar and cashew powder in a big mixing bowl. Add almond extract. Mix them very well.
Make a dough using water.
3. divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Add food colors of your choice. And knead the dough again. As you knead the dough will start relishing the natural oil. Don’t worry it will dry up later.
4. Once your dough is ready, start moulding them using mould or you can also use cookie cutter.
5. Take it out from the mould and keep them on plate or parchment paper or butter paper. Leave it overnight to dry.
6. Store them in the air tight container. That simple!!! 🙂