Mango Bahar is a very simple and easy dessert recipe. My family love this dessert, specially my Husband. This dessert is milk based dessert. I have added Custard powder but very less, to give a nice flavor. Eat this Mango Bahar Dessert with Puri.
Whole Milk – 2 Ltr / 8 cups + 3 tbsp
Vanilla Custard powder – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 3/4 cup (According to the sweetness of Mango
Chopped Nuts(Cashew, Almonds, Pistachios) for garnishing
2 Mango Pulp
Chopped Mango – 3 cups
1. Take milk into a big pan. Boil milk for 30 minutes over medium heat. Keep an eye on it. Stir occasionally.
2. Take 3 tbsp of cold mink in a bowl. Add custard powder and mix them very well.
3. Add this mixture into the boiling milk. Stir continuously while adding the custard mixture.
4. Add sugar and let it cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
5. Switch off the flame. Let milk mixture cools down completely.
6. Add Mango pulp and chopped Mango. Mix them very well.
7. Refrigerate it for 4 to 5 hours.
8. Mango Bahar is ready. Garnish it with chopped nuts and serve it chilled.