Chhuti Lapsi / Lapsi is a very popular and traditional dessert of Gujarati Community(Western India). This Dessart is made during very special occasions like Marriage , Buying new house or car as well as auspicious days like Dhanteras(the first day of the five-day Diwali festival). Lapsi is a very first thing a Newly married bride makes at her sasural(Husbands home).
Normally Lapsi is cooked in a Pan with water, jaggery and broken wheat. This requires your full attention. But I prefer to make it in pressure cooker. It’s very simple method. Believe me, every person of your family will love this Lapsi. It’s not too sweet or greasy. It is very balanced in taste. It is very nutritious too .Don’t have broken wheat / Fada??? Don’t worry, today I am gonna show you how to make Lapsi using Whole wheat flour/chapati flour and little bit of Rava/sooji/samolina. Lapsi is served with melted ghee.
So, start this auspicious Diwali with delicious dessert Lapsi.
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
Rava – 1/4 cup
Jaggery – 1/2 cup
water – 1/4 cup
Oil – 2 tbsp
1. Take Whole wheat flour in a big mixing bowl. Add Rava and oil. Mix it very well. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
2. Take Jaggery in a bowl. Melt it using water.
3. Mix whole wheat mixture and jeggery water and stir it very well. This will look like a dough.
4. Pressure cook it for 4 whistles. Let Mixture cools down completely. The mixture will look like a hard dough.
5. Crush this mixture in mixture grinder. Dont crush it too much. Just give it a pulse.
6. Take this into a sieve with a big hole in it. Sieve it very well.
7. Your Lapsi is ready. When you are ready to Serve add hot melted ghee and serve it.