Instant Pot Kerala Vegetable Stew – A complete Comfort and Satisfying food that can be made in a fraction of the time. Veg Stew is Vegan Instant Pot Recipe with lots of vegetables in coconut milk based hearty sauce that will change your life.
This veg stew recipe is very popular in Kerala, India.
Making Vegetable Stew in Instant Pot is a complete breeze.
I make this vegetable stew at least once a month. This week, I made this veg stew twice for the blog.
Even though the recipe turned out scrumptiously good but the weather turned out so gloomy that I couldn’t capture a good picture for the blog. So, we just ended up finishing it all.
So today, I checked the weather forecast before making this once again. Though the weather was partly cloudy, Somehow I managed to click decent pictures.
Well, this recipe so easy takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish, and we absolutely loved it so much that if I had to make it 3rd time tomorrow, no one would say no in a family. It’s one of those recipes that my family can’t stop slurping on this stew.
This is one of my favorite dump in Instant Pot recipes.
Vegetable stew makes the perfect comforting dish on a cold day. It’s Vegan, gluten-free, low carb, can be made Nut-free and full of vegetables.
Winter makes all of us crave for hearty, warm comfort food.
To my family, nothing screams comfort more than a big pot of stews or soups.
Do you know what’s a great thing about Vegetable soups and stews?
You can customize them by adding your families favorite vegetables or whatever have on hand.
Instant Pot Kerala Vegetable Stew is ultimate and best stew recipe ever. Why?
- It tastes out of this world,
- It’s Filling,
- It’s budget-friendly,
- Hearty, rich and tasty,
- Its foolproof recipe,
- Super easy to make, only 3 minutes under high pressure, without much prep work,
- Can be doubled or tripled easily,
- Tastes even better the next day after all the flavors get a chance to soak in. So you can enjoy anytime, within a month.
- It freezes so well.
On top of these, The coconut milk brings in a wealth of flavor and aroma to the dish.
The texture is a little bit thick because of the ground cashew nuts. You can make this nut-free by replacing cashew nuts with 2 tbsp corn starch. Simply, mix corn starch with coconut milk.
Can I make this Instant Pot Kerala Vegetable Stew on the stove top?
Yes, you can. In fact, I have already shared stove top version on a blog. Here is the recipe.
Pair this Instant Pot Kerala Vegetable Stew with –
We sure hope you give this Instant Pot Vegetable Kerala Stew recipe a try. Its winner and loved by everyone in my family.
How to make Instant Pot Kerala Vegetable Stew
Instant Pot Kerala Vegetable Stew - A complete Comfort and Satisfying food that can be made in a fraction of the time. Veg Stew is Vegetarian / Vegan Instant Pot Recipe with lots of vegetables in coconut milk based hearty sauce that will change your life.
- 2 cups - Cauliflower florets
- 1 cup - Chopped carrots
- 1 1/2 cup - Bell Peppers chopped
- 2 cups - Potatoes Chopped
- 3/4 cup - Chopped Onions
- 1 cup - Green beans Chopped
- 1 tsp - Ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp - Chili (adust according to your liking)
- 1 tsp - Garlic paste
- 2 - Cardamom Pods See Notes
- 1 inch - Cinnamon stick
- 3 - Cloves
- 20 Pieces - Whole Cashew Nuts
- 1 cup - Coconut milk See Notes
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp - White Pepper Powder see notes
- 2 tbsp - Oil See Notes
- 2 cups - Water
- Turn on saute button of your IP.
- Heat oil in a pot, add cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, and cloves.
- Now add ginger, garlic, chili and onions. Saute for few seconds.
- Add all the vegetables, salt, white pepper powder and water. Mix well.
- Cover your Instant pot with locking lid.
- Turn off IP.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes with pressure valve in the sealing position.
- Meanwhile, take whole cashew and coconut milk in a blender jar and blend them well in to a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Once IP beeps and when you see LO:00, turn off your IP and quick release the pressure.
- 10. Open the Instant Pot, add prepared cashew-coconut paste. Stir well.
- 11. Turn on saute button and cook it for 1 to 2 more minutes, until everything well combined.
- 12. Switch off the IP.
- 13. Instant Pot Kerala Vegetable Stew is ready. Enjoy!!
Cut all veggies in big pieces.
You can use 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder instead of cardamom pods.
I have used canned coconut milk. You may use tetra pack coconut milk too.
You can use black pepper powder instead of white pepper powder.
You can omit oil to make it oil free recipe.
This recipe is a little bit spicy side. Please adjust spice level according to your preference.
You can make this nut-free by replacing cashew nuts with 2 tbsp corn starch. Simply, mix corn starch with coconut milk add it in place of cashew-coconut paste.
Pin It For Later –