Hasselback Potatoes are the Swedish version of baked potatoes. Hasselback Potatoes looks a very fancy side dish, but it is actually very easy to make. It is crispy from outside and soft and creamy from inside. There are millions variations you can try. I made very basic version. You can make this for fasting also like navratra vrat, janmashtmi vrat or for any vrat. Don’t add garlic and you can add cilantro instead of basil leaves.
Large Potatoes – 3 (Wash it properly)
Butter – 5 tbsp
finely chopped Garlic – 3 cloves
Few chopped basil leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven at 425 degree F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and keep it aside.
2. Cut off the bottom of each potato slightly (As Shown in the pic) so that it can sit flat and not roll around.
3. Cut vertical slices from end to end making sure not to go all the way through.
4. Apply some olive oil on potatoes and place them on your baking sheet. Place it into the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, take a pan. Add butter, salt and pepper, basil and garlic into that pan. Place that pan on medium heat. Let it cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
6. After the 20 minutes, remove the potatoes from the oven, separate the slices a little with a knife.
7. Apply butter mixture all over the potatoes making sure you get some of the butter between each slice.
8. Place them again into the oven for about 40 minutes or until the potatoes are fully cooked. Apply butter mixture in between every 10 minutes.
9. Hasselback Potatoes are ready. You can serve them with sour cream also.