Hariyali Kofta is deep fried koftas reinforced with greens like spinach, cilantro and fenugreek cooked with rich and creamy gravy enriched with saffron and cream.
This recipe will make 8-10 Koftas, Serve 3-4 People
Oil – 3 tbsp
Roughly chopped onion – 3 cup
Cashew nuts – 1 cup
Garlic – 6 to 7 cloves
Ginger – 1 big piece around 1″
Green chilies – 2
Cream – 4 tbsp
garam masala – 2 tbs
Salt to taste
Saffron few strand
Pinch of Cardamom
Boiled and mashed Potatoes – 2 cup
Finely chopped Cilantro – 1 cup
Finely chopped Fenugreek (methi) leaves – 1 cup
Finely chopped spinach – 1 cup
Green chilis – 2 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Cornstarch – 3 tbsp for Binding and 4 tbsp for dipping kofta
Oil for deep frying
Salt to taste
1. Boil 2 cups of water in a pan. Add onion, cashew nuts, garlic, ginger and green chilies. Boil it for 7 to 8 minutes on a medium to high heat.
2. Make a Paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Saute onion cashew paste for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Add salt, cardamom powder, saffron, and garam masala. Mix it very well and let it cook for another 5 minutes. Add Cream. Add water if needed and make a pouring consistency gravy.
4. Take mashed potatoes in a bowl. Add spinach, fenugreek leaves and cilantro. Add Salt, green chillies, garam masala and corn flour. Mix it very well.
5. Divide this mixture into 10 equal parts. Make a ball. Coat the balls with corn starch.
6. Heat oil and deep fry this ball/koftas on a medium heat until light golden in color.
7. At serving time take koftas in plate , pour gravy on top of koftas and garnish it with cilantro.