Farali Kadhi / Vrat Ki Kadhi is a quick and easy recipe. It takes about 15 minutes. In this Farali Kadhi, Rajgira flour / Amaranth flour is added instead of Besan which we use in regular kadhi.
Farali Kadhi goes very well with Sama khichadi or with Rajgira Poori.
Dahi / curd / yoghurt – 1 cup
Amaranth flour / rajgira flour – 3 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Ginger chili paste – 1 tsp
Water – 1 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Curry leaves – 5 to 6
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Sugar – 1/2 tbsp or depending upon sourness of curd
1. Take curd in to a mixing bowl. Add Rajgira flour and whisk till smooth. Add water and mix it well.
2. In a pan, heat ghee. Add cumin seeds and saute them till they change color.
3. Add ginger chili paste and curry leave. Saute it for few seconds.
4. Add curd mixture. Season with salt. Stir well and let it cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
5. Add sugar. Mix well and cook it for another 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Farali Kadhi is ready. Garnish it with coriander and serve it with Sama Khichdi.