Homemade Enchilada Sauce is one of those recipes that I always wanted to try out. This recipe is so easy to make and so much better than a store bought can. The flavor is so delicious. You can adjust the amount of heat you want.
I would highly encourage you to try out this recipe. You will not ever buy enchilada sauce from a store.
Whole dried Red New Mexico Chile – 10 (I used mild Chile, you can use hot one also)
Chopped Tomato – 1/2 cup
Chopped onion – 1/2 cup
Garlic cloves – 2
All purpose flour – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
1. Boil 4 cups of water in a sauce pan.
2. Take out all the seeds from the Chile. Add this to the boiling water.
3. Add tomatoes, onion and garlic to the boiling water. Season it with salt.
4. Boil it for about 20 minutes over medium heat, stir occasionally.
5. Let the mixture cool down completely.
6. Take this mixture into a blender. Blend it very well.
7. Strain the mixture using strainer. Keep it side.
8. Heat oil in sauce pan. Add all purpose flour. Cook it for 2 to 3 minutes.
9. Add strained sauce. Mix it very well. Cook it for another 5 to 6 minutes on medium heat. Adjust the consistency using additional water.
10. Homemade Enchilada Sauce is ready.