Palak Paneer is popular dish from North India consisting of spinach, tomato, paneer and seasoned with garlic, garam masala and other spices. In this recipe I have added curd and given the name Dahiwale Palak Paneer. It tastes totally different and as delicious as regular Palak Paneer. Dahiwale Palak Paneer is something which could very well be a party preparation as well as a regular dinner/lunch dish. My son love this sabzi.
Oil – 3 tbsp
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Cubed Paneer – 700 gms
Grated Ginger – 2 tbsp
Chopped garlic – 3 tbsp
Chopped Green chilies – 1 tbsp
Finely Chopped Onion – 2 cups
finely chopped tomato – 1 cups
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Cumin and coriander powder – 1 1/2 tbsp
Chili powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Curd / dahi – 1/4 cup
Spinach – 2 big bunch
Salt to taste
Pinch of Nutmeg powder
1. Heat oil and ghee in a pan. Add ginger, garlic and chili. Saute them for a minute. Add onion and tomatoes. Saute them for 3 to 4 minutes over medium flame.
2. Add turmeric, chili powder, cumin and coriander powder, garam masala and salt. Mix them well. Add curd/dahi and nutmeg powder. Mix well. Let it cook for 2 – 3 minutes over medium heat.
3. Add chopped spinach, mix well. Cook this mixture for 10 minutes.
4. Take this mixture into a blender jar. Blend this until you get your desired consistency using little water(If needed). I like it bit coarse not very smooth.
5. Take this puree into a pan. Let it boil for 5 minutes. Add paneer cubes and stir it well. You can also fry paneer before adding into the gravy.
6. Let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes.