Who can resist warm Dinner rolls (Pav bread), fresh from the oven???? A dinner roll is a small and served as a meal accomplishment.
Here is how I make my absolute favorite, foolproof Croissant Style Dinner Roll, a perfect addition to any table. They are excellent fresh from the oven.
These rolls are so soft and tender. They have a mild sweetness that goes equally with a soup or any pasta or with potluck brunch.
For these dinner rolls, I just gave them croissant shape for fun.
Even beginner-level bakers will have no trouble making these fluffy rolls. It is very easy to make. The taste is so good, believe me you will never buy it from store.
These recipe will make 18 to 19 Croissant style dinner rolls.
Warm water, 110 – 115 degrees – 1/3 cup
Active dry yeast – 2 1/4 tsp
Powdered sugar – 1/3 cup + 1/4 tsp
Butter – 5 tbsp
salt – 1 1/2 tsp
All purpose flour(maida) – 4 cup
Warm Whole milk – 1 1/3 cup
Preheat oven to 375 degrees ferenhite.
1. Take warm water in a bowl. Add yeast and 1/4 tsp sugar. Mix it very well and let it rest for 5 minutes or until mixture is foamy.
2. Take Milk and melted butter in a bowl, add 1/3 cup sugar, warm milk, yeast mixture and salt. Blend mixture until combine.
3. Take All purpose flour(maida) in a big bowl. Knead a soft and slightly sticky dough using milk and yeast mixture. Knead dough until smooth and elastic.
4. Transfer dough to a greased, large mixing bowl and let it rest for about 1 1/2 hour or untill double in size.
5. Punch the dough and divide it into two parts.
6. Lightly floured the working surface. Roll each dough ball out into large circle about 13 inches .
7. Cut each circle just like pizza slice.
8. Roll each wedge just like showed in the photos.
9. Transfer rolls to a greased cookie sheet. Cover rolls with plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place until double in size about an hour or so.
10. Remove plastic wrap and bake rolls in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown in color.
11. Remove from oven and brush with butter.
12. You can also sprinkle some sugar if you want sweeter taste. Kid will like sweet roll.
13. Your Croissant Style Dinner Roll is ready. Serve it warm with hot cup of soup or pasta or eat it as it is. You can see in photo how soft it is.