This creamy and yummy Carrot Tomato soup is wonderful way to include beta-carotene-rich carrots especially during the chilly winter months. This soup is so simple and delicious. It is ready in no time.
I haven’t added cream in soup while making. Just used for garnishing. The creamy base of the soup comes purely from the carrots.
This Carrot Tomato soup is one of my families favorite soup. This soup has the sweetness of the carrots along with the slight tanginess of the tomatoes with the sharp flavors of cloves and cinnamon. You may add sugar if you wish to.
Adding green chili is my own variation to this soup. If you are making for kids, than skip green chili.
Serves 4 to 5
Carrot chopped – 500 grams
Tomatoes chopped – 500 grams
Ghee / butter / oil – 2 tbsp
Cloves – 3 to 4
Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
Green chili chopped – 1 (I used hot chili)
Salt to taste
Water – 400ml
Cream and cilantro for garnishing
Video Recipe of Carrot Tomato Soup
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/_JtVSBXQvZY”]
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]
1. In a pressure cooker, Heat ghee. Add cloves and cinnamon stick. Saute for few seconds. Add green chili.
2. Add carrots and tomatoes. Mix.
3. Add salt and water. Stir.
4. Close the cooker and take 3 whistles. Let the pressure cooker cools down.
5. Open the lid. Crush the mixture with hand blender. Sieve the mixture using strainer.
6. Take strained soup in a pan. Boil it for another 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat.
7. Carrot Tomato soup is ready. Garnish it with cream and cilantro. Enjoy!