In this curry, Peanuts and Sesame seeds gives very delightful experience to taste buds. Sweetness of capsicum with spices gives very nice taste.
Ground nuts powder – 1/4 cup
Sesame seeds powder – 3 tbsp
Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder – 2 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste – 2 tsp
Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
Cubed Capsicum – 3 medium size
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Chana Dal – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Pinch of Asafetida
Cumin and coriander powder(Dhana jeera powder) – 2 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add chana dal and urad dal. Roast them on medium heat until golden brown in color. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
2. Add ginger garlic paste and asafetida. Let it cook for few seconds over medium heat.
3. Add onion and cook it until onion gets translucent.
4. Now add capsicum/bell pepper, Turmeric and salt. Mix it very well. Let this mixture cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until capsicum/bell pepper gets 70% cooked.
5. Add chili powder, Cumin and coriander powder, shredded coconut, Sesame seeds and ground nut powder. Mix it very well and cook it for 1 – 2 minutes.
6. Switch of the flame. Your Capsicum masala curry is ready.