We all strive to get our kids eat a balanced diet. Beetroot Barfi is one of the innovative and healthy dessert/sweet which has veggies, dairy and nuts. It took less than 45 minutes for me to cook this Beetroot barfi. Children usually hesitate to eat Beetroot. This is one of the easy and healthy method to serve them. So do try it when you get a chance.
This will make 15 piece of Beetroot Barfi.
Grated Beet – 2 cups
Crushed Almond, Cashew And Walnut – 3 tbsp
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Chopped Dates – 5
Condensed milk – 3 tbsp
Chopped pistachios for garnishing
Milk – 1/2 cup
1. Heat Ghee in a pan. Add grated beetroot. Cook it for 5 minutes over medium heat. Keep stirring beetroot.
2. Add milk in mixture. Cook it for 4 – 5 minutes over medium heat.
3. Add dates and 2 tbsp crushed nuts. Mix it very well. Cook it until mixture turn thick.
4. Add condensed milk and cook the mixture until it gets completely dry over medium to low heat.
5. Switch off the flame and let the mixture cool down.
6. Sprinkle 1 tbsp crushed nuts. Refrigerate this mixture for 1 hour.
7. Cut into pieces.